Monday, March 25, 2013

Saint Joseph - Detroit


Saint Joseph is a testament to the history of the City of Detroit. A masterpiece of German Gothic architecture, this church is recognized internationally by historians and architects alike. If you have never toured Detroit's architectural masterworks, you must begin here. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a building "of national importance".
Maybe someday tourists will flock to Detroit to tour the grand cathedrals as many do in other countries. Saint Joseph is filled with precision craftsmanship unrivaled anywhere in the world. Filled with sacred art and ancient religious relics.



 




I attended the celebration of the Feast of Saint Joseph at this namesake church. Inside I prayed before relics of the saint and a relic of the true cross. My parents were with me and after touring the church we participated in the holy rosary. As the three of us kneeled in the pew and prayed the rosary together I wondered when the last time was that we did this and why we don't do this more often.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment