Corpus Cristi is a recent faith community resulting from the merger of two parishes. They are a new creation, a theme of Lent 2013. What I saw was indeed a new creation, and when I spoke with the parishioners I saw immediately that the Holy Spirit is at work in this place of worship. It wasn't just the beautiful renovation that incorporated elements of both churches. The baptismal font that reused marble from the original communion rail or the reorientation of the alter to draw the community together around the table of the Lord. What struck me was that God is always renewing and God is renewing the Church. Corpus Cristi is a great example of this renewal.
Living the Year of Faith: Rediscovering the Catholic Faith One Detroit Church at a Time.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Corpus Christi- Detroit
Corpus Cristi is a recent faith community resulting from the merger of two parishes. They are a new creation, a theme of Lent 2013. What I saw was indeed a new creation, and when I spoke with the parishioners I saw immediately that the Holy Spirit is at work in this place of worship. It wasn't just the beautiful renovation that incorporated elements of both churches. The baptismal font that reused marble from the original communion rail or the reorientation of the alter to draw the community together around the table of the Lord. What struck me was that God is always renewing and God is renewing the Church. Corpus Cristi is a great example of this renewal.
Labels:
detroit,
detroit catholic,
vatican II,
Year of Faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment