Monday, March 25, 2013

Martyrs of Uganda - Detroit

My goal is to visit the Catholic churches of Detroit during the Year of Faith. At each parish I visit I have met wonderful people that always invite me to return for parish events and Mass. At Gesu, I attended the Friday Lent soup supper, meditation and stations of the cross. Most of the evening was spent talking to those sitting near me when I should I have been paying attention to the services. And this is exactly why this faith journey has been so rewarding. Every church I visit seems filled with old friends and long lost family even though we only just met for the first time.

Martyrs of Uganda church I discovered while driving the scenic route home from a visit to downtown Detroit. Although closed for many years,I could still hear the chatter and laughter of the Catholic family that once called this place home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment